Sunday, September 26, 2010

Here Goes Nothing...

I have wanted to start a blog for a while but I felt as if every food blog had been created. A food revolution is under way and it seems as if everyone is getting involved in one way or another. I wondered if anyone would care to read a food blog written by a waitress who loves food. What could I do that was different?

On a recent trip to Spice Market in the Meatpacking District, I was struck by an idea - I am in a unique position to write about the food industry in New York. I work at a three-star restaurant owned by B&B Hospitality aka Mario Batali and Joe Bastinianich. It isn't just a restaurant that people stumble into. You come to our restaurant to enjoy amazing food. This job has given me a secret source of food information on the city.

The point of this blog is for me to use that connection to explore everything culinary about NYC. I want you, the readers, to interact with the blog. Leave me suggestions or food questions you want me to explore. I will continue to try suggested restaurants from the guests and regulars at work but I want to reach beyond that. I love nothing more than using my days off to walk around neighborhoods in search of a great food market, restaurant or cocktail. I promise to post after every culinary adventure and I promise to try anything suggested on the post.

I look forward to reading comments - if I ever have readers/followers (?). Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment